Saturday, December 27, 2008

12_22 Mon AM bike, Squats, Bench RE

Working at home today
AM bike
6 gm BCAAs water
32 min on bike at 128 avg HR
done at 9am

Z Health 20 min
My Xmas gift to myslef came just before my session!
The neutral handle Swiss bar! Whoo ha! See the video below of the guys at EliteFTS.
I love it so far!

I realized that I have not done squats in what too long and when I did then, I sucked. Hmm, maybe I should work on them. I tested them today and tested better than anything I've done in several months. I will revise my template to start Jan 1 to bring them up. In the meantime I will be dong some light 5x5 w short rest work a few times a week to groove the movement. My PR on squats to a bench, parallel is a very pathetic 205 lbs. There, I put it out so time to improve. I am excited since in the past doing any type of squats felt horrible, was painful and looked like crap. Only up to go.

str bar squats
tested +3"
45 x 12, 95 x 15
135 x 6
135 x 6
135 x6
135 x6
135 x6
135 x5
135 x3
all done with asics flat shoes, feet at supports, light touch to bench,
focus on eye movment and bone rhythm

following done circut style

Neutral Swiss bar RE bench
85 x 10
85 x 12 FAST
115 x 11 FAST
working on "throwing the bar up past the stopping point" due to the weight it won't actually leave my hands (yet)

Neutral Swiss Bar standing hammers
85 x 5, x 5, x 5

2 Hand swings
32 kg x 15, x 15
done in wide, athletic ready stance


No comments: