Wednesday, December 3, 2008

11_27_ to 12_1 OFF, South Padre

Pushed more than I normally have up to this point since I knew I was going to be off for some time.
Jodie and I left Wed to kiteboard in South Padre Island TX over turkey day.
Had a great time, got to ride almost every day. Jodie did great and took a lesson and then I helped her on the 5 m foil kite for 2.5 hour on another day and she was doing really well.

I rode my 16M most of the time and had a great sess Sat afternoon when the wind was about 20-23 mph and got to rip around on my Cabrinha 12 M Crossbow 3--- I LOVE that kite---had a blast screwing around, going downwind and then in one line I could rip all the way back to where I started, cutting upwind with my butt just a few inches off the water. Whooo ha.

Great trip!
Nutrition wise it was ok at best. Kept protein up along with calories (somewhat), but fruits and veggies suffered a bit. Had my poptart after my kite session (the only time I eat them) and Jodie and I had a beer each night to watch the sun set. BW when I left was about 205-207 and came back at 204 and 203.5 lbs. Ha! We were constantly moving around the whole time, and that helps a ton. I had a 1 mile hike back once too as the wind died.

Back to normal now! Went to the store Monday and made my food for the week. Feeling stupid hungry, so upped the calories yesterday and Tues. Ate 3/4 lb of salmon last night with broccoli!

Movement wise was pretty good. Did my Z rehab 2-3 times a day and about 10 min of Z each day--hindsight says I need to do more as my low back was very tight on Sunday AM (a few crashes on the kite probably did not help much either). It is almost back to normal now and no pain just a bit tighter than normal. Eating fruits and veggies along with good EFAs helps too.

No scar taping and cut most supplements. No creatine, no carnitine, no BCAAs, no fish oil, no beta alanine.

Used the Earth pulse unit each night, got to sleep in most day, but did a dawn patrol on Sunday to go ride so we were on the water at 7am--amazing to ride watching the sun come up!

Need to work on my CRF now---ugh. Feels like it has stabilized, but was dropping like a rock before I left.

Forced breath hold was 1:10

No comments: