Sunday, November 9, 2008

10_31 Wingate test in lab for fun

Wingate day in the Exercise Physiology labs for students, so I figured I would give it a go at the end of the day for fun (yes I am sick)

For those who don't know, a Wingate is a max anaerobic test. You pedal on a bike as fast as you can then when the clock hits O they instantly add some huge resistance to the bike. It goes by weight so the more you weigh, the more the weight (resistance) you have to pedal against. My body is currently about 205 lbs, so I go about 700 Watts. Good times.

700 Watts resistance for 30 seconds, pedal all out as fast as you can. Once you hit about the 20 second mark it feels like someone dumped concrete in your legs. Feel free to try this on a bike at home and let me know what you think. hehehehe

Peak 918 W Mean 543 W Min 419 W

Not the best score at all, depending on what you read it about 50% for athletes. After some more bike sprints in a few months it should go up. Currently I have not done any bike sprints though and most focus has been on bench and DL 1 RM. But I did not puke!

No comments: