Tuesday, May 6, 2008

4-22 Tues Squats/ KB press at lunch, DLs PM sess

During the day at lunch
Warm up
Squat to box 2 inches below parallel

Back Squat
95 X 4
Front squat
95 X 4
Back squat
115 X 4 --felt like crap, movement dropped,
Overall session felt not so good. Did some more Z and did not help. Felt tired and movement was not the best, so called it a day and will be back for a PM session

PM Session DLs
Z Helath NWU in DL position--widen stance out to athletic ready (so just outside of shoulders)
Music--Six Feet Under

DLs
135 X5
185 X 4
225 X 3
275 X 2
All were done with Rt hand up
315 X 1 LH up (left hand) up
335 X 1 Rh up (6,2)
345 X 1 LH up (8,3)
365 x 1 LH up MISS--hams felt sore and tired. On further inspection I think it just felt "hard" and I quit. I got it to my knees and there is no excuse for not locking it out at that point. I will blame it on my new stance and low reps from that point--hehehe. Now I was pissed and cooled off and tried it again. Increased the volume on the music--one of the best things about training in my garage!!

365 X 1 made it--slowed down to a crawl at the same point but I was able to hold my form and lock it out (partner verified form). Shut it down and end on a good note

Supported Pistols
Left leg only
BX x 6
BW x 8
Very slight knee pain, did some Z knee circles and went away. Done

No comments: