Friday, April 11, 2008

3-28-30 Weirdo Soft Tissue Work with Dr. Cobb

Weirdo Soft Tissue Work with Dr. Cobb
Dr Cobb was here in town for the R Phase training, so I was able to get in for a private session. My last session this past Fall I left with lots of visual work to get my right eye back online. It helps a bit, but my eye would still not stay on. I played around with some self scar release work (Z level 4--T Phase) and it seemed to help.

I had Courtney Neupert do some soft tissue work on me at S Phase and that helped me get some new rotation in my head--awesome!! Note--I had a surgical repair of an ASD (atrial septal defect) when I was 4.5 years old (1978). The procedure involves taking a bone saw to my sternum, a cut into the right atrium and sewing up of the hole in my heart. I still have the "twist ties" in my chest from where they wired my strernum back together. I also had 2 chest tubes at the bottom of the incision also (incision is about 12 inches long). The great part is that the procedure was a success (or else I would not be here today) and I have not had any restrictions after it was all healed up.

So, I have a long time restriction (scar) right on the midlline of my chest and two scar "holes" at the top of my abdomen. Hmmm, this is probably an issue!

So, back to the private session, I had Dr. Cobb check my vision and do some scar work. The funny part is that I used to just show up at a private and explain my "issues" and he would work on them and come up with some highly effective drills. Now I show up and explain what I think is the issue/restriction and recomend what work he should do. This is not an insult to his skills at all, but after doing as much Z Health as I've done and living in my own body for 33 odd years, I SHOULD know what needs to be fixed since I am an expert wtih my own body!! I've found that the more feedback I can get from athletes that I work on, the faster I can get at a solution for their body at that time.

So after some cranial testing, a nerve test, he did some scar work. Note, the scar work is all very mild pressure and is NOT painful at all. We worked on some Brock string work too to get my right eye back online. So I left with one drill where it looks insane as I am doing a modified back arm circle, with my eyes up and to the right while holding a fold of tissue under my right pec and applying specific pressure--all done at the same time for about 10-20 seconds. Instantly when I walked I could feel my right heal strike much better and tension release in my right leg. After that I have never had that much internal rotation in my right hip EVER I believe.

Goes to show that EVERYTHING is CONNECTED in the body! I've done some soft tissue work on others too with similar results and I've felt knots/restrictions virtually melt beneath my hands. This is not to say how cool I am, but to show you that with the right stimulus, the body can do amazing things VERY fast.

I am also doing some visual work with the Brock String and tongue positions. It seems that if I place my tongue either the upper or lower right molar (1-2 from the back) helps my right eye comes online better. It is still not staying on as much as I would like, but it is slowly getting better (most days). My right hip is much better though!

Note--since I posted this I was pretty much knocked out for the next few days and super tired. My nutrition up to this past weekend was not the best, so nutrition for this week was good and back up to 90% and above on the Precision Nutrition plan. Added more proteolytic enzymes to help with tissue remodeling too.

I will also be keeping notes on sleep coming up too.

No comments: