Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2_20_2008 Bench Test Day

I realized I have not tested my max in awhile, so I figured it was time to get some feedback. No taper or anything was done, other than the normal "listen to my body"

All testing is done competition style with audible commands
Hand off, then wait for "start" command
Lower bar to the chest, full pause and wait for "press" command
Hold at lock out for "rack" command
Any violation of these and the lift is not counted. Any time the spot touches the bar also invalidates the lift.


Warm up--Z NWU1/2, more specific work in bench position.
At upper weights, did Z Health cross body circles, wrist AP and circles, index/pinky leads, eye work at times , all done in bench position, then resetup to prepare for hand off.


Warm up 45 X 10, 95 x 12, 135 X 5 (all in pounds)
set, weight, reps (RPE, Threat) notes
1 155 X 1 (3,2)
2 175 X 1 (4, 3) felt easy
3 185 X 1 (5, 4) added audible commands and pause, previous touch and go
4 200 X 1 (6,5)
5 210 x 1 (7,6) still good speed
6 220 X 0 (10,10) missed

Failed at about the distance of 2 boards up off chest.
Felt like I just ran into a wall, form stayed good, but no lift
7 220 x 0 (10,10)
not being too bright I had to try again after a 8min rest
EXACT same thing, to the letter,


Good parts
Bar did not twist and weight stayed even
In the past it would twist and my left elbow would drift back.
Grip was middle finger at line, so I can actually go a few inches wider to index at ring
Movement was still good even after 2 misses, which surprised me
Overall movement was good during and after lift, I am just weak!

No comments: