Thursday, February 19, 2009

2_18 Training--KB Snatch

The good and bad

The good-- my hip is feeling pretty good and on a forward bend with straight knees I can get to about mid shin (no scar tape). About 6 weeks ago I could barely get to a few inches below mid thigh.

My eyes are working better, tracking really well last night and PREP was fine.
Juggling is going well and I hit about 12 tosses with 3 balls last night a few times. New PR! Tested my eyes and both stayed on for well over a minute.

The bad
I got really dizzy. I was able to recreate it by doing a tibial nerve glide, just over the edge of where it was painful and then a fast "head back up" movement. Seemed worse with my eyes closed. Felt like the whole room was spinning. I tried getting up and down very fast (sqaut/lunge type motion) and that was fine, so seemed to be more vestibular than orthostatic intolerence.

Woke up this AM, still tired, but felt ok.

My thoughts are that my body is trying to re-organize all the info and sent my vestibular system for a loop.

Tried some 16 Kb KB snatches
16 x 10/10 for 4 set

24 x 7/7 for 3 sets

Got better for a bit, then went off a cliff at the end and too much startle holding the weight over head and timing was all off, called it a night.

Have also been just stupid hungary lately, despite very little exercise in the past few days.

Juggling practice about 2x s a day for 10-15 min. Always feel much much better afterwards.

Normally when this happens, if I lay low for a few days, get some good sleep and eat more I feel really good after it passes. Will see if that happens this time also.

No comments: