Sunday, July 20, 2008

7_20_08_Z and Random KB work outside

Slept about 10 hours the night before and 10 hours last night. Ugh. Still feeling a little tired and sluggish today, but overall feeling better

Opted for a lighter, movement type sesison

Z Health
about 25 minutes
Linear motions
Sports speed (arm motions) with random pause work

note--Vision is MUCH better! Played tennis on Friday night and only missed the ball entirely a few times compared to a typical session where it would be about 12 times at min! I felt like I could see the ball in motion for like the first time EVER! I was very happy considering the visual issues I am working on. Foot movements were MUCH better too. I am far from a tennis start currently, but good stuff considering it was my first time playing tennis this year.

Random KB work
"juggling" type work--flips from swing, palms face swing and flips, swing to BU press with freeze and hold at diff positions, H2H work, H2H delayed work
--I felt like I could actually SEE the KB moving and falling. Sounds insane I know to those with more normal vision, but this was HUGE for me. I missed the catch much less than normal

Used 12 Kg for all to keep it super light, low threat. Did a couple sets with the 16 Kg
HR rapidly increased with little work, so opt for light sess was good

Windmills
12 Kg X singles with pause at bottom, alt L and R
Working on technique and long spine
Have not done these in YEARS

Arm bars
12 Kg, almost face down, pauses

Practiced falling
A couple deck squats, and deck squat to pistol--need work on my Left side still

slept 10 hours last night
Music Anthrax "We've come for you all"
Awesome CD~~
total time 47 min
outside, sun, barefeet in grass

No comments: