Thursday, March 19, 2009

3_3_09 TEST DAY Bench, DL, 5 min KB 32kg snatch

Slept only 5.5 hours last night
No coffee today, lots of tea, FRS before lifting
Z Health, jugglign 20 min
Survival Z during the day (as always)
Client got here late, so did not start lifting until almost 9pm--much later than usual

Flat bench (comp grip at index)
All done with audible commands--Go, press (pause at chest), rack
95 x 10
135 x 10
195 x 2
205 x1--super easy, flew up
215 x 0 missed--sucked eggs, pause was fine althought I lowered the bar slower than before, got to about 1/2 way back up after a long pause (seemed long), and complete startle and torque towards left side. Pissed off
205 x 1--super easy again, no starle, fine pause, weight flew up
210 x 1--good pause, slllllllllloooooooooooooow at about 2/3 of the way up but made it (with a muppet face)
185 x 1 mid finger grip, super easy

3 min rest

DLs
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2 Rhup
275 x 1, 1 L/Rhup
315 x 1, Lh up--good, but a bit slower
335 x 1--made it, but left leg was shaking and quite a bit harder.
Moderatedly pissed off. Only 3rd str bar DL this year.

2 min rest
5 min KB snatch with the 32 kg KB
39 reps total RPE 8.5
Did not got balls out, only about 85%,
Form needs work, esp Left side
CRF is just above the basement, but I can get in almost top shape CRF wise in 4 weeks, easily in 6 weeks
First time I have even done a snatch with the 32 kg yet this year

Good part
My right hip was not painful at all during all of the testing, so that is good.
Lots of work to do in less than 4 weeks, so hired professional help--also needed to off load some stuff as my energy level is low with all the other balls I have in the air right now. It was his idea to have a starting test (ironically I agree with, but what not have done myself----hence the reason to "hire out")

TSC goals (which were set on Jan 1)
Compete Elite style
DL 415 raw (10 lb PR)
Pullups with 25 lbs x 4 (I need to get a darn pull up bar and practice)
5 min KB snatch with 32 kg 75 reps

So I have to add 70 lbs to my DL and almost double my KB snatch numbers
Need to test Pull ups soon
Should be interesting!

No comments: